Ana’s Swarovski Pearl and Black Ribbon Necklace brings a modern look to a classic design with this romantic combination of Swarovski Pearls, Black Ribbon and Silver Findings. This necklace measures 16 inches when the ribbon is tied at the end of the pearl bead strand. This necklace is both fun and easy to make.
For help with the crimping technique and how to attach crimp bead covers, please see our instructional videos or read the text at http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/crimping-technique.html and http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/crimp-bead-covers.html.
- First, take your 20 inch length of Beadalon Wire (223633) and slide about a quarter of an inch of 290028)one end through the loop of one of the Silver Plated Fold Over Cord Ends. Fold it over, and secure it to itself (and the Cord End) by crimping it with one of the Silver Plated 2X2mm Crimp Beads (231122).
- Cover the Crimp Bead with one of the Silver Plated 3mm Crimp Bead Covers (231025).
- Now it’s time to start stringing the Pearls and Jump Rings (remember to slide the first few Pearls over the short end of the Beadalon Wire that extends from the Crimp Bead.)
- Start by stringing 10 of the Swarovski 8mm Lt. Green Crystal Pearls (SW5810-8-LGN), followed by 15 of the Silver Plated 7mm Closed Jump Rings (231104).
- Repeat this process three times, then finish with the last 10 Swarovski 8mm Lt. Green Crystal Pearls.
- Slide the remaining Beadalon Wire through the remaining Silver Plated Crimp Bead, then through the loop end of the remaining Silver Plated Fold Over Crimp End, then back through the Crimp Bead.
- Cut off any remaining wire, leaving about a quarter of an inch extending from the Crimp Bead, and make sure to tuck this length of Beadalon Wire into the last Pearl of two that you have strung.
- Secure the Beadalon Wire by crimping the Crimp Bead.
- Cover the Crimp Bead with the remaining Silver Plated 3mm Crimp Bead Cover.
- Now take the length of Black Organza Ribbon (224007), and cut it into two 18 inch lengths.
- Take one end of one of the lengths of Organza Ribbon, and fold it over neatly so it fits into the ‘fold-over’ section of the Silver Plated Fold Over Cord End. Add a drop of glue, and using your flat nose pliers, close the fold-over ends securely around the ribbon.
- Repeat this process with the other 18 inch section of Organza Ribbon on the other Fold Over Cord End.
- Cut a V-shape into the two loose ends of the Organza Ribbon.
- Now wear your Ana’s Swarovski Pearl and Black Ribbon necklace proudly, give it as a gift, or display it with other jewelry you have for sale.
JEWELRY COMPONENTS NEEDED:
- Swarovski 8mm Lt. Green Crystal Pearls (50pcs) (SW5810-8-LGN)
- Silver Plated 2x2mm Crimp Beads (2pcs) (231122)
- Silver Plated 3mm Crimp Bead Covers (2pcs) (231025)
- Silver Plated 7mm Closed Jump Rings (60pcs) (231104)
- Silver Plated Fold Over Cord Ends (2pcs)(290028)
- Black Organza Ribbon (1YD)(224007)
- Beadalon Wire 19 Strand .015 30ft (20 inches)(223633)
BEADING TECHNIQUES USED:
- Crimping Technique
- How to Apply Crimp Bead Covers
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Crimping tool
- Wire Cutters
- Hobby or epoxy glue