Instructions for the Celtic Princess Necklace:
- First take the 5 of the Antique Silver Scroll Links (231046) and using jewelry epoxy affix a Swarovski Emerald Flat Back Crystal (SW2028-9-EM) to the center of each of them. Then, with the remaining five Scroll Links, attach a Swarovski Crystal Flat Back Crystal (SW2028-9-C) in the same manner. Set these aside to dry.
- Next, using the Silver Plated 1.5” Eye Pins (231204) take 10 of the 8mm Emerald Czech Fire Polished Round Beads (CZFPR-8-EM) and one 8mm Emerald AB Czech Fire Polished Round Bead (CZFPR-8-EMAB) and with each of them create a separate Bead Link by inserting each Czech Bead onto one of the Eye Pins and making a Simple Loop.
- Cut the Silver Plated Flat Oval Chain into two 3-inch segments, and one 1-inch segment.
- Attach the Silver Plated Lobster Clasp (231529) to the last link of one of the 3-inch segments of chain using one of the Silver Plated Jump Rings (231100).
- Then attach the Silver Plated 6X3mm Chain Tab (231130) to the last link on the other 3-inch section of chain, and to the 1-inch section of chain, again using a Silver Plated Jump Ring.
- Next, use two of the 1.5” Silver Plated Head Pins (231132) to create Wire Wrap Links with two of the 5mm Emerald Swarovski Xilion Bicone Beads (SW5328-5-EM), attaching them to one of the Scroll Link Loops that has an Emerald Flat Back affixed to it. To make Wire Wrap Loops follow these steps:
- Thread the Head Pin through the hole of the Emerald 5mm Swarovski Bicone Bead.
- Grab the headpin with Flat Nose Pliers approximately 1/8” above the top of the bead, and bend it at a 90 degree angle. Do not trim the excess.
- Using a Round Nose Plier, position your plier with the wire between the top and bottom jaw, approximately 1/8” up from the end of the jaw with the end of the head pin facing you. Use your fingers to push the head pin around the jaw, forming a loop until you hit the plier and can go no further.
- Reposition your plier by rolling it back toward you, and then grab the head pin with your fingers and pull it toward you to cross over the stationary part of the Head Pin. **IMPORTANT: AT THIS POINT INSERT THE LOOP OF THE SCROLL LINK BEFORE CLOSING THE LOOP.
- Holding the formed loop firmly with a Flat Nose or Chain Nose Plier, use your fingers (or the plier) to wrap the tail of the Head Pin around the space at the top from top to bottom. Trim excess and tuck in the tail.
- Then take this Scroll Link with the wire wrapped 5mm Crystals attached, and attach the top loop to the end of the Extension Chain. (The 1-inch segment of chain.) This completes the extension.
- Now take one of the 3-inch chain segment ends at attach to an Emerald Bead Link by opening and closing the link. Made sure all links are closed securely. Then attach the other loop of the Emerald Bead to the loop of a Scroll Link with Crystal Flat Back, keeping the Crystal side right side up. Then attach another Emerald Bead Link to the other loop of the Scroll Link, and repeat this pattern using alternating Crystal and Emerald Scroll links unit you have used five of the Emerald Bead links. The fifth Emerald Bead link brings us to the center point of the necklace.
- Repeat this process using the other 3-inch Chain segment.
- Now attach both ending Emerald Bead Links to one end of the last Crystal Scroll Link. This will close the necklace and create a link that drops down from the center.
- Now take the two remaining 5mm Crystal Bicone Beads and attach them to one end of the 8mm Emerald AB Czech Fire Polished Bead Link previous made in Step 2. Use the Wire Wrap Technique described in Step 6.
- Finalize your necklace by attaching the Emerald AB link to the center Scroll Link.
THE NECKLACE PORTION OF THE KIT INCLUDES:
- 8mm Emerald AB Czech Faceted Fire Polished Round Beads. (1 piece) (CZFPR-8-EMAB)
- 8mm Emerald Czech Faceted Fire Polished Round Beads (10 pieces) (CZFPR-8-EM)
- 5mm Swarovski Emerald Bicone Crystals (4 pieces) (SW5328-5-EM)
- Swarovski Crystal 2028 Flat Backs SS09(5 pieces) (SW2028-9-C)
- Swarovski Emerald 2028 Flat Backs SS09 (5 pieces) (SW2028-9-EM)
- Antiqued Silver Scroll Circle Link (10 pieces) (231046)
- Silver Plated Eye Pin 1.5" (8 pieces) (231204)
- Silver Plated Head Pins 1.5" (8 pieces) (231132)
- Silver Plated 6 x 3mm Chain Tab (1 piece) (231130)
- Silver Plated Jump Rings (2 pieces)(231100)
- Silver Plated Flat Oval Chain (7 inches)
- Silver Plated Lobster Clasp (1 piece) (231529)
BEADING TECHNIQUES USED:
- Creating a Wire Wrap Loop with a Headpin
- Creating a Simple Loop with a Headpin
THE TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Jewelry glue