TheEnchanted Garden Necklace Designis a beautiful mix of Swarovski Crystal beads, pearls, and antique silver findings. Finished, this necklace measures 20 inches, and has a two-inch extension. This necklace matches perfectly with the Enchanted Garden Earrings. This necklace design idea is fun to make and is sure to delight!
For help with Making a Simple Loop with a Head Pin please view our instructional video or read the text at: http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-a-simple-loop-with-head-pin.html
1.First, cut the chain into two 4-inch segments, and one 2-inch extension chain segment.
2. Attach a Silver Plated 6mm Open Jump Ring (231101) to each end of one of the 4 –inch segments of chain.
3. Next, attach the 2-inch chain segment to one of the Jump Rings on the 4 -inch segment of chain.
4.Attach the Silver Plated 10mm Lobster Clasp (231529) to the Open Jump Ring that holds the 4-inch segment and the 2-inch segment of chains together. .
5. Now take one of the Antiqued Silver Branch Leaf Links (231044) and attach it to the Jump Ring on the opposite end of the 4-inch section of chain that we have been working with.
- Repeat this process (Jump Ring, Link) until you have used a total of 13 of the Antiqued Silver Branch Leaf Links
- Now attach another of the Open Jump Rings to the end of the last Branch Leaf Link you have secured to the necklace.
- Attach the second length of 4-inch chain to this Open Jump Ring.
- Now attach another of the Open Jump Rings to the opposite end of this length of Chain. (This Open Jump Ring will be used to close the circle using the Silver Plated 10mm Lobster Clasp.)
- Next, take all of your Swarovski Beads, the Lt. Green Swarovski 4mm 5810 Crystal Pearl Beads (SW5810-4-LGN), Lt. Rose Swarovski 5000 4mm Crystal Bead (SW5000-4-LRO) and the Crystal Copper Swarovski 5000 4mm Crystal Bead (SW5000-4-CCP), slide each one separately onto a Silver Plated 1.25 inch head pin (231140) and create simple loops with each to create ‘drops.’
- Bend the Head Pin at a 90 degree angle, making sure the bend is right on top of the Swarovski Bead.
- Trim the excess wire of the head pin to approximately 1/2”.
- Using the Round Nose Pliers, grip the wire at the very end, not too far up the jaw of the plier making sure the end of the wire does not stick out beyond the jaw of the plier.
- Hold the beads firmly with your fingers and roll the wire away from you and toward the bead. Make sure you hold the bead tightly as to keep the shape of the loop.
- When you reach the point of being unable to roll your wrist any farther, without removing the plier from the loop, simply loosen your grip slightly and reposition the plier by rotating it back toward you. Grip the wire and continue to roll away from you until the end of the wire meets the other end of the loop.
9.Now take the drops with the simple loops that you created, and attach one of each color to the Jump Ring at end of the 2inch chain segment.
- Take the remaining drops, and attach one of each color to the Open Jump Rings connecting the links until finished.
- Now feel the magic as you wear your Enchanted Garden Bracelet – with the Earings, preferably – give them as a gift, or display them with other jewelry you have for sale.
JEWELRY COMPONENTS NEED:
Light Rose Swarovski 5000 4mm Crystal Beads (15 Pieces) SW5000-4-LRO
4mm Crystal Copper Swarovski 5000 Crystal Beads (15 Pieces) SW5000-4-CCP
4mm Lt Green Swarovski 5810 Crystal Pearls (15 Pieces) SW5810-4-LGN
Antiqued Silver Branch Leaf Link (13 Pieces) 231044
Silver Plated 6mm Open Jump Rings (17 Pieces) 231101
Silver Plated 10mm Lobster Clasp (1 Piece) 231529
Silver Plated 3x4mm Oval Chain (10")
Silver Plated 1 1/4 Inch Ball End Head Pin (45) 231140
BEADING TECHNIQUES USED
Creating a Simple Loop with a Headpin
Using Jump Rings to attach beading components.
THE TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters