The Paloma Earring Jewelry Design Idea is inspired by the colors of the Southwest as well as the brilliant blue and multi-colored sunset skies that blanket them. It mixes colorful Chevron Glass Beads, Seed Beads and Silver Findings to capture nature’s awe-inspiring beauty. Captivating on their own, the earrings’ serene beauty is magnified when worn with jewelry made from the Paloma Bracelet. This earring design is fun and easy to make!
For instructions on Making a Simple Loop, or the more advanced How To Create a Wire Wrap Loop, please read the text or watch the video tutorials at http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-a-simple-loop-with-head-pin.html or http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-wire-wrap-loop.html.
- Take one of the Silver Plated 2” Eye Pins and onto it slide a Green Seed Bead, followed by a Antique Silver Plated Pewter Paloma Bead (T-SA-5617), followed by another Green Seed Bead.
- Create a wire wrapped loop with the tail end, and attach it to the open loop of one of the Silver Plated Earwire (231710)
- Attach a Silver Plated 4mm Open Jump Ring (231100) to the eye of the Eye Pin.
- Next, create crystal drops with the 4mm Siam, Sapphire and Lt. Topaz Swarovski Crystals (SW5328-4-SM, SW5328-4-SP, and SW5328-4-LTO) by sliding each onto a Silver Plated 1/1/4” Head Pin (231133) and creating a simple loop.
- Attach these droplets to the Silver Plated 4mm Jump Ring that you had previously attached to the Paloma Bead Link.
- Repeat this process for the second earring, and then wear, display, or give your new earring set as a gift!
- Antique Silver Plated Pewter Paloma Bead (2 pieces) (T-SA-5617)
- Silver Plated Earwire 3mm Ball w/ Coil (1 pair) (231710)
- Silver Plated 1 1/4 inch Head Pins (2 pieces) (231133)
- 4mm Siam Crystal Bicone Bead (2 pieces) (SW5328-4-SM)
- 4mm Sapphire Crystal Bicone Bead (2 pieces) (SW5328-4-SP)
- 4mm Lt. Topaz Crystal Bicone Beads (2 pieces) (SW5328-4-LTO)
- Silver Plated 4mm Open Jump Ring (2 pieces) (231100)
- Green Seed Beads size 8/00 (4 pieces)
BEADING TECHNIQUES USED:
- How to Create a Simple Loop or the more advanced Create a Wire Wrap Loop
THE TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters