Quench your thirst for style with the gorgeous Sterling Silver With A Twist Earrings. Featuring Sterling Silver Spiral Tube Beads and Swarovski Crystals, its refreshing design can do dressy or casual making it a versatile addition to your jewelry collection. A sure eye-catcher on their own, their beauty is multiplied when worn with the Silver With A Twist Bracelet.
For help with making a simple loop with a head pin, or making a wire wrap loop with a headpin, please see our instructional videos or read the text at http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-a-simple-loop-with-head-pin.html and http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-wire-wrap-loop.html.
- First attach the 17.5mm Sterling Silver Spiral Tube With Two Closed Rings (210044) to the Sterling Silver Plain Leverback Earring (217118) by opening the Leverback’s ring and attaching it to the closed ring on the Spiral Tube.
- Next use the Sterling Silver 2” Ball End Headpins to create simple loops with three of the Fern Green 4mm Swarovski Xillion Bicone Beads (SW5328-4-FG) and one of the Crystal AB 4mm Round Beads (SW5000-4-CAB)
- Then take one of the Crystal AB Round Beads, and use a Sterling Silver Ball End Headpin to create a wire wrap loop.
- Thread the Head Pin through the hole of the Crystal AB 4mm Round Bead.
- Grab the headpin with Flat Nose Pliers approximately 1/8” above the top of the bead, and bend it at a 90 degree angle. Do not trim the excess.
- Using a Round Nose Plier, position your plier with the wire between the top and bottom jaw, approximately 1/8” up from the end of the jaw with the end of the head pin facing you. Use your fingers to push the head pin around the jaw, forming a loop until you hit the plier and can go no further.
- Reposition your plier by rolling it back toward you, and then grab the head pin with your fingers and pull it toward you to cross over the stationary part of the Head Pin.
- Holding the formed loop firmly with a Flat Nose or Chain Nose Plier, use your fingers (or the plier) to wrap the tail of the Head Pin around the space at the top from top to bottom. Trim excess and tuck in the tail.
- Now, using the loops you created, attach one of the Fern Green 4mm Swarovski Crystals, and the Crystal AB Round Bead that has a simple loop, to the top ring on the Sterling Silver Spiral Tube Bead.
- Then, again using the recently created headpin loops, attach the remaining two Fern Green Swarovski Beads, and the Crystal AB 4mm round bead with the wire wrap loop, to the bottom ring on the Sterling Silver Spiral Tube Bead.
- Repeat the process for the other earring.
Each Kit Includes:
Beading Techniques Used:
- Sterling Silver Plain Leverback Earrings (1 pair) (217118)
- 17.5mm Sterling Silver Spiral Tube w/2 Closed Rings (2 pieces) (210044)
- Sterling Silver 2” Ball End Head Pin (10 pieces) (218815)
- Fern Green 4mm Swarovski Xillion Bicone Beads (6 pieces) (SW5328-4-FG)
- Swarovski Crystal AB 4mm Round Beads (4 pieces)(SW500-4-CAB)
- Creating a Wire Wrap Loop with a Headpin
- Creating a Simple Loop with a Headpin
The Tools You’ll Need:
Flat Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Please Note: No tools are included in the Sterling Silver with a Twist Earring Kits.