The USA Celebration Necklace Design is sure to inspire the patriot in all. This necklace measures 22 inches when finished and is both fun and easy to make!
For help with Making A Simple Loop With An Eye Pin, or Creating A Wire Wrap Loop, please view our tutorial videos, or read the text at http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-a-simple-loop-with-head-pin.html or http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/create-wire-wrap-loop.html.
- First, we’re going to create links using the three Silver Plated Spiral Cages (231060), as well as the Hand Blown Glass 13mm Round Clear/White Swirl Bead (254204), the Hand Blown Glass 13mm Dark Blue/White Swirl Bead (254201), the Hand Blown Glass 13mm Round Red/Black/White Swirl Bead (254202), and the Silver Plated 2 Inch Eye Pins (231203)
- To do this, first take the three Silver Plated Spiral Cages and insert into each of them one of the Hand Blown Glass beads. Make sure that the holes in the Hand Blown Glass Beads align with the top and bottom of the Spiral Cages.
- Next, into each of these pieces slide a Silver Plated 2 inch Eye Pin (231203) so that it enters the bottom of the Spiral Cage, goes through the Hand Blown Glass Bead, and exits through the top of the Spiral Cage.
- Now, working with the straight end of the Eye Pin, create either a Wire Wrap Loop or a Simple Loop. For the purposes of these instructions, we’ll create a simple loop:
A) Bend the eye pin at a 90 degree angle, making sure the bend is right on top of the spiral cage. Try not to leave any "play" between the bend and the spiral cage.
B) Trim the excess wire of the eye pin to approximately 1/2". After some experimenting for loop size, you can adjust this length slightly for smaller or larger loops.
C) Using round nose pliers, grip the wire at the very end, not too far up the jaw of the plier making sure the end of the wire does not stick out beyond the jaw of the plier. After some practice, you begin to know exactly where to place the wire in the jaw of the plier to achieve the loop size you desire.
D)Hold the beads firmly with your fingers and roll the wire away from you and toward the bead. Make sure you hold the bead tight as to keep the angle and shape of the loop.
E) When you reach the point of being unable to roll your wrist any farther, without removing the plier from the loop, simply loosen your grip slightly and reposition the plier by rotating it back toward you. Grip the wire and continue to roll away from you until the end of the wire meets the other end of the loop.
- Set these pieces aside for the time being.
- Now take your length of Silver Plated Brass 5X4.4mm Flat Oval Chain and cut it into sections of the following lengths: Two (2) 8 1/2 inch segments, one (1) 3 inch segment, and one (1) 2 1/2 inch segment.
- Take one of the 8 1/2 inch segments of the chain, and to the last link on one end attach the Silver Plated 10mm Lobster Clasp (231529) using one of the Silver Plated 5mm Open Jump Rings (231105).
- Connect the last link on the opposite end of this length of chain, connect the link made from the Blue Hand Blown Glass Bead via the loop you created with the Eye Pin.
- Now take the other 8 1/2 inch segment of chain, and to the last link on one end connect the link made from the Red Hand Blown Glass Bead via the loop you created with the Eye pin.
- Now take the 3 inch segment of chain, and use it to connect the Eye Pin loop of both the Red and the Blue Hand Blown Glass links.
- Find the center link of the 3 inch segment of chain, and to it attach the link made from the White Hand Blown Glass Bead.
- Next take your 2 1/2 inch segment of chain, and attach it to the Eye Pin Loop on the bottom of the link made from the White Hand Blown Glass Bead. NOTE: THIS LENGTH OF CHAIN SHOULD BE OFF-CENTER. ONE SIDE OF THE CHAIN SHOULD BE LONGER THAN THE OTHER AS IT COMES OFF THE LINK WITH THE WHITE HAND BLOWN GLASS BEAD.
- Next, from the shorter length of chain that extends from the link made from the White Hand Blown Glass Bead, attach the Silver Plated USA with Crystal AB Enameled Charm (231761) using another of the Silver Plated 5mm Open Jump Rings.
- Now, from the longer length of the same piece of chain, attach the Silver Plated Brass American Flag Enameled Charm (231699)
- Now for the important part: Wear your USA Celebration Necklace to any holiday event you have planned, give it as a gift, or display it with other jewelry you have for sale!
JEWELRY COMPONENTS NEEDED:
- Silver Plated Brass American Flag Enameled Charm (1 Piece) (231699)
- Silver Plated USA with Crystal AB Enameled Charm (1 Piece) )231761)
- Hand Blown Glass Beads 13mm Round Clear/White Swirl (1 Piece) (254204)
- Hand Blown Glass Beads 13mm Round Dark Blue/White Swirl (1 Piece) (254201)
- Hand Blown Glass Beads 13mm Round Red/Black/White Swirl (1 Piece) (254202)
- Silver Plated Brass 5x4.5mm Flat Oval Chain (2 FT) (231315)
- Silver Plated 10mm Lobster Clasp (1 Piece) (231529)
- Silver Plated 5mm Open Jump Rings (2 Pieces)
- Silver Plated Eye Pin 2 Inch (3 Pieces) (231203)
- Silver Plated Small Spiral Cages (3 Pieces) (231060)
BEADING TECHNIQUES USED:
- How to Create a Simple Loop, or Creating a Wire Wrap Loop with an Eye Pin.
THE TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters